With 2019 over and a new decade in full swing, we decided to take a look back at how visitors to our site were shopping to find out our customers' favourite bottles and brands of the past year.
We used data from our on-site search function to determine what brands our customers were looking for, as well as analytics data to find the top pages our viewers were visiting throughout the year.
Our top searched-for whisky brands of 2019 were:
Most Increased Interest:
Interest in some lesser-known brands went up majorly, including Deanston and Daftmill, but the most improved in our top 10 list of 2019 was Kilkerran. Interest in the brand was up 471% in 2019, possibly suggesting that more whisky drinkers are looking to the smaller distilleries for quality drams.
Most Decreased Interest:
Though Macallan held 2nd place on our top 10 list of 2019, this is lower than its 1st place position in 2018. Interest in the brand was down 55% in 2018 but was still considerably strong.
Most Viewed Whisky Bottles of 2019:
1. Duncan Taylor - Runrig One for the Road
2. Balvenie - 12 Year Old Doublewood
3. Black Bull - 10 Year Old Retro
4. Aberlour - 16 Year Old Double Cask Matured
5. Macallan - 12 Year Old Double Cask
6. Springbank - 15 Year Old Rum Wood
7. Deanston - 12 Year Old
8. Macallan - 12 Year Old Sherry Oak Cask
9. Glenfiddich - Grand Cru 23 Year Old
10. Dalmore - 12 Year Old
Most Viewed Collections of 2019:
5. The Octave
7. Highland Park
10. Black Bull